Chasing Ice is one of the most gravely important documentaries I’ve seen in years, a middle-finger to the naysayers of global warming and yet another reminder of how effective documentary filmmaking can be. This is a short, swift feature, coming in around 70 minutes, but this film is heaped with content on glaciers and their continued, rapidly increasing melting over the last ten years or so. This is also a character study of a man being pushed to his own limits to find the guiding light that he so clearly desires; I love films that focus on passionate, persistent people that care so excessively about what they do that they won’t stop until it’s become a big deal. This is that man, and this is a great film.
- Hunt for the Wilderpeople – Movie Review July 7, 2016
- The Witch – Movie Review February 21, 2016
- Halloween-A-Thon Day 19, Bear Reviews Edition: Ringu October 20, 2015
- Halloween-A-Thon Day 18: Friday the 13th Part 7: The New Blood October 20, 2015
- Halloween-A-Thon Day 17: The Cabin in the Woods October 17, 2015