Happy People: A Year in the Taiga continues Herzog’s establishment as the greatest documentarian working today, crafting an elegant tale of simplicity in the Siberian wilderness. These are men who hunt, fish, build, invent, and live as simply as possible, using their own means to survive and find continued happiness in a life without restraints. These are compelling people, and the setting here provides an intimacy that Herzog illuminates with his wonderful narration. This is a terrific documentary, for it provides us with a story we wouldn’t have asked for but are just as happy seeing as the people in this landscape.
- Hunt for the Wilderpeople – Movie Review July 7, 2016
- The Witch – Movie Review February 21, 2016
- Halloween-A-Thon Day 19, Bear Reviews Edition: Ringu October 20, 2015
- Halloween-A-Thon Day 18: Friday the 13th Part 7: The New Blood October 20, 2015
- Halloween-A-Thon Day 17: The Cabin in the Woods October 17, 2015