If you’ve ever wondered how a film can have a beautiful, often breathtaking idea and squander it almost immediately, look no further than Upside Down. It’s a film that maybe could’ve been a masterpiece under other pretenses: a much larger budget, a bigger cast, a more focused story, or simply more engaging characters. This is a film with a wonderful central premise that would take far too long to fully explain, but I’ll make it fairly simple: a love story of two star-crossed lovers from two different worlds, each somewhat connected. It’s a very confusing way to say it, but seeing it really works, for there are some sequences here that work spectacularly visually. It’s too bad the story is incompetent and, even worse, boring, resulting in a confusing mess of a film that ultimately doesn’t know what it’s getting at.
- Hunt for the Wilderpeople – Movie Review July 7, 2016
- The Witch – Movie Review February 21, 2016
- Halloween-A-Thon Day 19, Bear Reviews Edition: Ringu October 20, 2015
- Halloween-A-Thon Day 18: Friday the 13th Part 7: The New Blood October 20, 2015
- Halloween-A-Thon Day 17: The Cabin in the Woods October 17, 2015