Jack the Giant Slayer is a fun adventure, sufficient with being a piece of entertainment and not stimulating any part of the brain. This is a mindless piece of work, but it’s competently made by Singer, even if the 3D and IMAX are highly unnecessary. It’s a high-budget affair, with some spectacular special effects and a killer final 30 minutes, but it’s also a bit mediocre in its developments. It’s decent, but doesn’t strive for anything more. It’s exactly what one would expect for a live-action variation on “Jack and the Beanstalk”.
- Hunt for the Wilderpeople – Movie Review July 7, 2016
- The Witch – Movie Review February 21, 2016
- Halloween-A-Thon Day 19, Bear Reviews Edition: Ringu October 20, 2015
- Halloween-A-Thon Day 18: Friday the 13th Part 7: The New Blood October 20, 2015
- Halloween-A-Thon Day 17: The Cabin in the Woods October 17, 2015