Not Fade Away is a music drama set during 1960s emergence of rock-n-roll, and with that delivers a solid character study that navigates conventions fluidly. Its mastering of music is quite remarkable, for it handles hit singles in a context that provides us with social commentary, character observations, and stark contrasts to modern day. Yet its ending doesn’t make the impact I wanted, and for that reason it remains a good, but unremarkable film.
- Hunt for the Wilderpeople – Movie Review July 7, 2016
- The Witch – Movie Review February 21, 2016
- Halloween-A-Thon Day 19, Bear Reviews Edition: Ringu October 20, 2015
- Halloween-A-Thon Day 18: Friday the 13th Part 7: The New Blood October 20, 2015
- Halloween-A-Thon Day 17: The Cabin in the Woods October 17, 2015