Stand Up Guys is a carefree film, but it’s also one that is harmless and pointless and severely disappointing. Three incredibly talented actors, all Oscar winners, showcase their talents in a film that runs too much on Viagra jokes and repeated plot points we’ve seen in better films. This is a likable film, one audiences might embrace, but there’s nothing much on the surface or even when we dig deep into this material. A man who has to face the potential of his best friend murdering him is ripe with conflict; instead, the movie’s too easy-going and simple, making for a lifeless film.
- Hunt for the Wilderpeople – Movie Review July 7, 2016
- The Witch – Movie Review February 21, 2016
- Halloween-A-Thon Day 19, Bear Reviews Edition: Ringu October 20, 2015
- Halloween-A-Thon Day 18: Friday the 13th Part 7: The New Blood October 20, 2015
- Halloween-A-Thon Day 17: The Cabin in the Woods October 17, 2015