The Gatekeepers is a great, enlightening documentary that is equally tragic and informative. This is the story of the Shin Bet in Israel, the conflicts they faced when bombing terrorists and innocents, and the continued frustration that arises in a nation torn by religion and independence. The film feels timely; I wonder how it’ll look in 20 years, whether it will have been painfully foreboding or woefully out-of-date. Either way, the film’s profound in its relentless insistence on this not being a two-sided issue. This is more than a “yes/no” conflict, and The Gatekeepers furthers that in being one of the finest documentaries I’ve seen in years.
- Hunt for the Wilderpeople – Movie Review July 7, 2016
- The Witch – Movie Review February 21, 2016
- Halloween-A-Thon Day 19, Bear Reviews Edition: Ringu October 20, 2015
- Halloween-A-Thon Day 18: Friday the 13th Part 7: The New Blood October 20, 2015
- Halloween-A-Thon Day 17: The Cabin in the Woods October 17, 2015