The Host is a terrible film for a variety of reasons, but the most apparent is that it has no sense of characters, plot movement, conflict, or really any type of struggle. Except, maybe the one endured by the audience as they seemingly question what the point of such a bland, lifeless film is. This is a joyless movie centering on love in a sci-fi landscape, but the world is poorly established with no clear semblance of rules, and apparently love is so simple that characters fall into it without any explanation or reason. Well, the plot needs to move forward, so that must be the reason why. Yet once the film reaches its disastrously lame conclusion, we realize this is a Stephenie Meyer adaptation, and that these characters don’t exist in a reality we understand. These are stupid characters, and this is a stupid film.
- Hunt for the Wilderpeople – Movie Review July 7, 2016
- The Witch – Movie Review February 21, 2016
- Halloween-A-Thon Day 19, Bear Reviews Edition: Ringu October 20, 2015
- Halloween-A-Thon Day 18: Friday the 13th Part 7: The New Blood October 20, 2015
- Halloween-A-Thon Day 17: The Cabin in the Woods October 17, 2015