Warm Bodies starts promising, offering an interesting world with some properly defined rules. But it all goes downhill once the romance hits, turning something slightly charming into a world that is increasingly grating. Zombie romance sounds like a tricky genre, and while it does work for quite a bit of the film’s duration, it ultimately falls flat into the conventions it wisely sidesteps for the film’s first half. This is a big step down from Levine’s great 2011 effort, 50/50, for this film doesn’t hold the former’s sweetness and honesty.
- Hunt for the Wilderpeople – Movie Review July 7, 2016
- The Witch – Movie Review February 21, 2016
- Halloween-A-Thon Day 19, Bear Reviews Edition: Ringu October 20, 2015
- Halloween-A-Thon Day 18: Friday the 13th Part 7: The New Blood October 20, 2015
- Halloween-A-Thon Day 17: The Cabin in the Woods October 17, 2015