Draconian is a word that means “very severe or strict.” It’s an adjective used to describe the actions of Draco Malfoy, who was the antagonist in J.K. Rowling’s Harry Potter series. Here are some of his best quotes from the books and movies.
I think I’m going to enjoy this – Draco Malfoy from Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone
Draco Malfoy is one of the most well-known characters from J.K. Rowling’s Harry Potter fictional world. Despite being a competitor of the major protagonists, particularly Harry Potter, the character, as played by Tom Felton in the films, has become a fan favorite.
To honor his legacy, we’ve compiled a list of his 20 most memorable lines, as found in J.K. Rowling’s novels and their film adaptations by Warner Bros. Enjoy!
20. “I was under the impression you were going to get me a present.”
We begin our list with a posh young Malfoy expecting opulence from his father, because, well, why not? He already has a lot, so why not get even more?
19. “Oh, you’re so funny!” Giving us books that attempt to tear our hands off is very clever!”
The Monster’s Book of Monsters was a wonderful book for Hagrid’s students, he thought. It was, but it was also a little murderous, which Malfoy didn’t miss.
“If brains were gold, Longbottom, you’d be poorer than Weasley, and that’s saying something.”
You’d think Malfoy’s comments would be limited to one person at a time, yet the guy insulted both Neville and Ron at the same moment. He was incorrect about Neville being dumb, and Ron has always had more important things than Malfoy.
17. “It’s got a lot of unique characteristics, doesn’t it? It’s a shame it doesn’t have a parachute in case you go too close to a dementor.”
In front of Harry, Malfoy is just being Malfoy. Because, honestly, if you can further traumatize and ridicule an already traumatized classmate, why wouldn’t you?
16. “Oh, sure, he’s a riot. Really clever. This property has deteriorated to the point of becoming uninhabitable. When my father finds out that Dumbledore has this jerk teaching courses, he’ll be furious.”
What a pain… Snape is perhaps the only professor about whom Malfoy hasn’t complained! This remark is aimed towards Rubeus Hagrid, who taught Care of Magical Creatures to young Draco in The Prisoner of Azkaban, which was inappropriate for him.
15. “Astoria had always known she wasn’t cut out for old age. She wanted me to have someone when she went, since being Draco Malfoy is very lonely. I’m going to be suspicious for the rest of my life. There is no way to get away from the past. But I never understood that by keeping him hidden from this chattering, judging society, I was ensuring that my kid would emerge cloaked in much more mistrust than I had.”
We had to include at least one phrase from The Cursed Child, despite the fact that the play was never as popular as the main novels. This is a much older, wiser Draco, who has had more time to reflect on his actions and errors, and a Malfoy that we prefer to the self-centered jerk from the novels.
14. “A mudblood perished the last time the Chamber of Secrets was uncovered. As a result, it’s just a matter of time until one of them gets murdered again. For my part, I’m hoping it’s Granger.”
Draco is simply being cruel. Okay, he was a child at the time, so he didn’t completely comprehend the implications of his remarks, but it was still cruel to say something like that.
13. “Well, no one really knows until they get there, do they?”
Dissing Hufflepuff is not something you should ever do! It’s the badgers that are the good guys here! Oh, and you’re in the same dungeon as them? Draco, this isn’t right!
12. “What good does it do me if I’m not on the House team?” Last year, Harry Potter received a Nimbus Two Thousand. Dumbledore granted him special permission to play for Gryffindor. He’s not very talented; it’s only that he’s renowned… famous for having a ridiculous scar on his forehead… With his scar and broomstick, everyone thinks he’s so clever, amazing Potter –”
Aww, remember when Malfoy wonderfully characterized himself as a spoilt, pompous little jerk? He lacked skill, but his father was wealthy, so he bought him a broom and a spot on the squad. Even yet, Harry was still superior.
11. “They believed I’d die trying, but I’m here… and you’re in my control…. I’m the one with the wand…. you’re at my mercy.”
Malfoy tried hard to appear strong in this scene, but he was a frightened little kid, and everyone could see it. Honestly, that was a little much of him at the moment, but hey — hail Voldemort?
“Potter, you’ve found yourself a girlfriend!” says number ten.
A remark intended at Ginny supporting Harry at the bookshop, but the joke was on Draco since Ginny and Harry began dating later and eventually married and had a family together. Isn’t it possible that Draco just wanted the best for Harry?
9. “Honestly, you’d be moving backward if you were any slower.”
This one was aimed at Goyle, whose idiocy is well-documented in the books, and Draco didn’t waste any time in emphasizing it at this critical juncture. And he was absolutely correct.
8. “Potter, you’ve chosen the losing team! You were warned! Remember how I said you should choose your business more carefully? First day at Hogwarts, when we met on the train? I warned you not to associate with scumbags like this!”
For more background, read quote #2, where Draco alludes to the time when he claims Harry chose the wrong side. Fortunately for the series, he was the punchline. Again.
7. “Perhaps you’d prefer not to endanger your neck. Do you want to hand it over to the dementors? But if it were me, I’d want vengeance. I’d go after him myself.”
Sirius Black’s escape from Azkaban Prison was the subject of this insult. Now, Sirius Black was taught at the time that he was the one who betrayed Harry’s parents to Voldemort, which turned out to be a lie, which is why the joke was on Malfoy in this case, as it was in others.
6. “You’re going to have to pay.” I’m going to hold you accountable for what you did to my father….”
As you can see, Draco had a thing for Harry and intended to pay him back. Most of the time, however, he was utterly ineffective in his efforts, and these threats were nothing more than hollow threats, but Malfoy persisted in making them.
5. “The well-known Harry Potter. It’s impossible to go into a bookstore without making the top page.”
When one renowned guy meets another famous man, as as when Gilderoy Lockhart met Harry Potter while marketing his books, this occurred in The Chamber of Secrets. Lockhart isn’t the greatest person to associate with, but Malfoy took advantage of the situation to stab Harry.
4. “You see, my father and I had a wager. In this competition, I don’t believe you’ll survive 10 minutes. He doesn’t agree. He doesn’t believe you’ll survive five!”
This is the list’s last Potter-related trash talk, taken from The Goblet of Fire. Draco and his father, of course, gambled on when Harry would die during the competition when his name was placed into the Goblet and he was selected as Hogwarts’ second champion. Although only partly, the joke was on them.
3. “This class is a sham.”
This isn’t a very memorable statement, especially given how much everyone loves Professor Lupin, but it’s a clever remark that plays on the spell Lupin had cast on the class that day. Malfoy was in his typical attitude, but Lupin didn’t seem to mind and went about his business. Fortunately for Malfoy, Moody was not present.
2. “You’ll soon discover, Potter, that some wizarding families are much superior to others. You don’t want to make friends with the incorrect kind of person. I’ll be able to assist you there.”
Not his first statement, but this one has stuck with Draco Malfoy for the rest of the book since it revealed how much of a snob he was. Malfoy believed he was superior than everyone else, and he publicly demonstrated it by attempting, but failing, to persuade Harry to adopt his viewpoint.
1. “You’re no longer alive, Potter.”
We chose this one to end our list since it properly encapsulates Malfoy’s position in the narrative in regard to the protagonist. This was a common threat, and it revealed Malfoy’s early hostility against Harry throughout their school years.
Last but not least, a few commonly asked questions – addressed for your own enjoyment! Enjoy!
Draco Malfoy has a catchphrase. What is it?
Draco Malfoy doesn’t have a catchphrase in the traditional sense, but he does like to make clever and cruel remarks, thus one might argue that being cruel is his catchphrase. Also, he prefers to refer to Harry by his last name, so “Potter” might work here as well.
I am not like other boys, he said, his voice suddenly harsh. I was raised by wolves. Weasley’s wand is in my pocket, Draco said calmly. And I’m not afraid to use it. It’s a simple matter of survival, he continued in the same hard tone. You can’t fight what you can’t see. What are you doing here? said Harry, looking around for somewhere to run. Reference: draco malfoy quotes half-blood prince.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Draco Malfoy famous lines?
Draco Malfoy is a fictional character in the Harry Potter series. He is a student at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry who becomes friends with Harry Potter, Ronald Weasley, and Hermione Granger.
What does Draco Malfoy say the most?
Draco Malfoy says, Youre a wizard, Harry.
What is Dracos first line?
- draco malfoy quotes book
- draco malfoy quotes funny
- draco malfoy chamber of secrets lines
- draco malfoy quotes wallpaper
- draco malfoy quotes my father will hear about this